Tuesday, February 06, 2007

One Enchanted Evening

Today is Tuesday, 6 February 2007.

This evening, a power spike knocked our cable TV out.

When it returned, it was with an episode of the series, The Unit, and the performer was Linda Hunt.

One of our finest contemporary actors, winner of the Oscar for the role of Billy Kwan in The Year of Living Dangerously, one of my fav flicks.

Ca., oh, 1990, I went to Bigelow’s, a chemist (read: drugstore been there since 1838) in Greenwich Village in Manhattan, New York City.

It was ca. 5 p.m., and I’d gone to purchase lipstick for my spouse.

As I opened the door, Linda Hunt was exiting.

I propped the door open with my heel, and did that sort of 18th century bow … you know the one, both arms out, my body dipping down and back, my head bowed.

I looked up to see her with the widest grin imaginable.

I rose, clicked my heels, and held the door with a flourish.

She realized I knew who she was, and worthy of honour.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great story, HH!

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home