Monday, October 12, 2009

In Memory: Clif

Today is Monday, 12 October 2009.

Clif S. G., dear friend of HH and Ms. HH, best friend for 57 years of Ms. HH's father, this date died, aged 95. Born a few days before World War One commenced, once thought to be The Great War.

Chemical engineer, holder of 18 patents. B.S.E ’36, M.S. ’37, Ph.D. ’65, all University of Michigan.

Lieutenant-Commander, United States Navy, in World War Two.

Generous to those in need. Witty and funny. Boon companion.

Though his body aged, his mind and heart were always young.



"Good night, sweet prince, And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest".

-HH

2 Comments:

Anonymous a reader said...

I hope there will be someone to pay such a kind tribute to me when I am gone. I am sorry for your loss.

12:41 PM  
Anonymous faithful reader said...

No matter how dark and twisty your columns may sometimes be, your memorials show you have a good heart. I wish you peace.

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home