Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year!

Today is Friday, 1 January 2010.

NOTE: 2010 is the last year of the decade of the '00s, NOT the first year of a new decade, as the unlettered think. Arthur C. Clarke named the novel 2001, and not 2000, for a reason. Grrrrr!

Yes, HH does have a heart, as well as a brain, and the noive. Thus, due to popular demand, before HH begins another year of tearing new ones for those whom same deserve, an interlude.

I was born in 1952, and thus my TV DNA included Lawrence Welk. My middle name is "Lawrence", by which I was known until 4th grade, when I changed it to "Lloyd", my first name.



I'm making Hoppin' John for lunch - having been born in Mississippi, black-eyed peas on New Year's, a source of luck, are de riguer - and salmon with a Japanese sauce for dinner. If anyone wants the recipes, tell me.

Dear readers and comrades: May 2010 be the best years of your lives.



Well, something like that.

1 Comments:

Anonymous rtr said...

Just finished my own Hoppin John. It's good anytime in my book> Happy New Year to you and and Ms. HH.

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home