Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Taking a Ride

Today is Tuesday, 23 November 2010.

If you’re like me, you’re frequently spammed by Internet scamsters. Last month I received such a communication that was so unusual I saved a copy, as follows.

“Dear Sir or Madam:

Thanking in advance your kind attention and felicitations.

Your name is directed to me as a Concerned Citizen who whishes to help his nation-state of birth or origin.

I am Mullah Akhtar Muhammad Mansour, senior Commander Taliban. We both know troubles of our two nations-states, and like me you wish to help the kingdom of peaceabilities. Your gov’t has agreed to give me the some of $1,000,000 USDollars, to assist me in expenses to felicitate peace negotiations between USA and Taliban.

Will you help?

Out here in wilds, I have no bank account(s). if you agree to help your country and mine, by having CIA deposit said $1,000,000 millions in your bank account, for further wiring on to me, I will reward your kindness by giving you the 10 per% forwarding fee, or $100,000 U$.

The only catch in the ointment is that as devout man of my chosen creed and/or religion, I am not the car or aeroplanes driving, and there are many hills and vallies to cross in meeting/persuding my Taliban brothers. However, if I had $5,000 US, I know where tobuy a good, used donkey for my travails.

If you can loan me this, please reply to me at SCMansour@kabulTalib.org, and I will send you wiring instructions.

Yours for a nice day,

Mullah A.M. Mansour
Senior Commander Taliban”

So, one can imagine my surprise when the lead foreign story in today’s The New York Times concerns an individual who has posed as Mullah Mansour in peace negotiations with USA/USE and Afghan government officials. “It’s not him”, said a Western diplomat in Kabul intimately involved in the discussions. “And we gave him a lot of money.”

A tip of the hat to America’s intelligence agencies!

1 Comments:

Anonymous rtr said...

Sounds like the phoney Mansour was fellating peaceful relations with the U.S,

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home