Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Demand a No-Fly Zone

Today is Wednesday, 9 March 2011.

I seldom endorse military violence, particularly by the USA/USE, but I endorse enforcement of a no-fly zone in regard to the Gaddafi regime military.

It is true, of course, that the ability to project such force is the result of the gross misguided priorities in Federal government spending. However, this will remain the case for the foreseeable future, whether or not such a project is undertaken. It would be nice to see, for once, such power deployed in an attempt to stop state terror, instead of foster it.

I’m well aware that civilian casualties could result, but I believe it certain that more will result if the Gaddafi crime family is allowed free rein to employ planes and helicopters.

The Obama regime’s attitude is reprehensible: that action should not be taken, because no “vital” American national security interest is at stake. I can’t help but be reminded of Kissinger’s take on the plight of Soviet Jewry: that, were the Soviets to begin murdering Jews, it “might” be of humanitarian concern, but it didn’t concern American interests.

I hope you will join me in bombarding The White House with messages demanding a no-fly zone.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

I think consensus is building. They are now talking about establishing a no fly zone over the rebel strongholds.

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Philly Paula said...

I completely forgot about that Kissinger comment. Makes my stomach turn every time I hear it.

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home