Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Actually Not Depressing!

Today is Tuesday, 31 July 2007.

I was planning on another depressing reality column today, but ...

Franz Liszt died this day in 1886.

I found a wonderful Victor Borge performance of an Hungarian Rhapsody, so the depressing reality is deferred to tomorrow. (I met Borge briefly in New York City, as one of my favorite professors, an old Borge friend, and I were entering a fancy grocery to get espresso (this is in the days before the Starbucks infestation) as Borge was leaving.)



And, to add to the sorrow of the passing of Ingmar Bergman yesterday, yesterday also passed Michelangelo Antonioni.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Liszt and this fellow Borge: a match made in heaven. Who would have thought?

A lovely interlude of music and laughter.

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home