Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Horror and The Puppy

Today is Tuesday, 10 July 2007.

"A lady", as a 19th century novel would have it, has previously requested that HH not always feature the horror of reality: "on occasion, a warm puppy story would be appreciated".

Herewith, on the anniversary in 1985 of the French Security Service blowing up, in New Zealand, the Greenpeace boat Rainbow Warrior, and assassinating one human on-board, something lovely and incongruous (isn't that a fine compromise between "the horror, the horror" and the puppy?):

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Freddie might have been a dilettante, but he had one of the best songs in the show. Thanks for sharing this glorious melody and voice with your readers.

Somehow I think that HH more closely resembles Henry Higgins. By jove, I think I've got it!

I join your lady friend who requests occasional warm puppy moments, but I will also say that your last few columns have been topical and thought-provoking. I look forward to all of your writings, whether serious or whimsical, angry or appreciative.

1:31 PM  
Blogger HH said...

HH, of course, stands for Hermann Hesse.

Until Lily Rowan suggested, HH never thought it also stood for 'enry 'iggins.

By jove, I think I've got it!

And now, I know where the rain falls!

8:07 PM  
Blogger HH said...

Fraq!

"By George, I think she's got it!"

"The rain in Span stays mainly in the plain."

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home