Sunday, August 17, 2008

Are You Putin Me On?

Today is Sunday, 17 August 2008.

Test Pattern from my favorite city:



And here's a tire tool upside Putin's head (thanx to Teddy Jack Eddy!):



Fasten your seatbelts, kids, and check back: it could be a long, angry night.

And don't forget George:



And thank you, Music Lover and Lover of Poulenc: you elevate this site --- how many blogs have recently referenced Poulenc? And how about that Charles Ives?



And, for you more "mature" viewers:



And here's a sad note, an obit from The New York Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/17/arts/music/17helms.html?ref=obituaries

A tune referenced in the obit:



Let's sign off by kicking Richard Nixon one mo' time; sorry you have to copy and paste this, but embedding is disabled by request of Manic Street Preachers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw_FXIdUMqM

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My, what an eclectic blog you have, Grandma.

I'm delighted with the Vladimir slide show. Do you think it would be possible to obtain a poster of the picture of Georgie and Vlad in their serapes? I'd like to tack it on the wall over my bed. (And yes, I am putting you on.)

The chopsticks a la Charles Ives was also entertaining. I've always appreciated musicians who could improvise--an admirable talent not everyone shares.

Speaking of musicians, of course it is a sad note to lose Don Helms, but there is much joy in an active life spent doing what one loves. It sounds like Helms had such a life. I am not much of a country music fan but I appreciate the pure country of Hank Williams and I didn't know about Mr. Helms until today. Thanks for the continuing education.

And in case any of your readers suffer from insomnia, remember the lesson Hank taught us: Your cheatin' heart will tell on you.

Repent! Repent! (Wait, I must be thinking of someone else--perhaps the Reverend Menlo Park...You Tulsa TV fans know of whom I speak.)

7:18 PM  
Blogger HH said...

Thanks, Devoted Reader, and "eclectic" is the word.

MoB does its best to play The Glass Bead Game of Hermann Hesse: "The Glass Bead Game is an act of mental synthesis through which the spiritual values of all ages are perceived as simultaneously present and vitally alive."

As always, I urge all who've not read Hesse's novel of the same name to do so at their earliest convenience.

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home