Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Stunt Pilot

Today is Wednesday, 24 September 2008.

In 2000, John McCain admitted that he didn’t know as much about economics as a President should.

In 2008, he still doesn’t, and still flies by the seat of his pants.

(Perhaps explaining the five, count ‘em, five taxpayer airplanes he crashed during his Navy career.)

Now, having refused to cast a vote in the Senate since May, McNoShame is rushing back to Washington to burden the nation with his formidable economic genius. (“Rushing”, as in stopping along the way to speechify at a Bill Clinton event.)

As to McCain’s “suspension” of his campaign, will he really forbid anyone to speak, organize, or fundraise on his behalf? If some do, will he sue to stop them? Will McCain refuse all contributions for the duration?

One suspects not.

As to evading the Friday night debate, is McCain so lacking in marbles as to fantasize the Senate will be in session then? And, even were a bailout decision to be reached shortly before the debate time, and available for a vote, would delaying a vote until Saturday morning be a catastrophe?

I must agree with Barack Obama: presidents must be capable of dealing with more than one issue at a time.

Selecting a vice presidential candidate as woefully under qualified as Sarah “I Could See Russia If I Traveled to Some Unidentified Alaskan Island So I’m a Foreign Policy Expert” Palin was a cheap stunt, potentially lethal should McCain win and perish in office.

The Cheap Stunt Pilot is alive and … well, I wouldn’t call McJohn “well”.

Clearly, McCain is unqualified to be a wing walker, let alone pilot of the Ship of State.
___________________________________________

CORRECTION: In yesterday’s column, I referred to “Lao Tzu”. Of course, I meant “Sun Tzu”, author of the classic, The Art of War. Whatever was I thinking? My humble apologies.
___________________________________________

And, for a moment of comic relief in this trying election season ... why does McCain remind me of this movie?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you inferring that Senator McCain molests young boys? That's a cheap shot.

8:15 AM  
Blogger HH said...

No, that inference hadn't occurred to me. It's no secret that McCain's appetite is for females of legal age. (Much as I despise Cindy McCain, I hope John isn't cheating on her as he cheated on his first wife.) My reference was to McCain's marginal competence as a pilot.

And I certainly would never disrespect Peter Graves by comparing him to McCain.

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home