Tuesday, April 20, 2010

But I've Been to Oklahoma

Today is Tuesday, 20 April 2010.

Good morning, “Anonymous”!

This is in ref to your comment yesterday, even if I didn't totally understand. And, thanks, I'm sorta enough happy as one might be, in the circumstances of Life As Is It. Thanks for being in the dialogue.

Well, “I’ve never been to heaven, but I’ve been to Oklahoma”.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm6qw_yeo6o

And I was once, in May 1972, minorly waterboarded by deputy sheriffs, Oklahoma County representing, in the lobby of the Oklahoma County courthouse.

Does that sorta kinda fit the V for Vendetta thang? (A movie I own, but fell asleep half thorough.)

“How’s that hopey-changey waterboardy kick-the-crap-outta-ya thing workin’ out for ya? You betcha!”

This after they kicked and stomped the crap out of moi, for the crime of free speech and petitioning the government for the redress of grievances, and bounced moi down a marble staircase.

Well, at least it was marble, and not crappy concrete.

‘Twas ca. 9pm on a lovely spring night, (by my troth: was “Nine o’clock on a Saturday”), twilight, and we were vigiling outside the Courthouse for peace in Vietnam.

“All we are saying, is give peace a chance.”

An riot, as it were. NOT!

The deputies swarmed us, ordering us, “Git off our Courthouse”.

As if the Courthouse were their Private Property, and not owned, free and clear, by We, The People.

Moi: “The First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States guarantees us the right to ---“

First chief principle in-charge deputy: “Fuck the First Amendment! Take him, boys!”

[Apologies to my Friend, who finds the “f” word ugly, but that’s what they said. Localism: “That’s what I said: Bunny Bread.”]

Guess they didn’t have a black bag handy to over my head put.

“I” – punch – “object” – kick – “oof” – spit upon moi – “object to your fucking of the First Amendment” was what moi said, as bounced down the marble staircase was he.

Moi was released without charges, after a couple of hours detention, since the sheriffs, upon advice of the District Attorney, Hamilton Burger, could not discover a crime of Disrespecting Law Officers Who Disrespect the First Amendment.

And, orderly conduct was still not a Crime.

Kindly post, Anonymouse, at this space, time and place of next Tea Party event in Tulsa. I will try to B there, or B square.

3 Comments:

Anonymous CPA Girl said...

I'm sure you can find time and place of the next Tulsa Tea Party on the internet. Take Mrs. HH with you; good witnesses are important.

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When was the 2nd?

12:41 PM  
Blogger HH said...

Well, it wasn't waterboarding. Twas 4 July 1989, and a Neo-Nazi skinhead rally at Washington Square Park, NYC. A mob of 300 fascists attacked a guy, who had said, "Oh, sieg heil, sieg heil", in a very fairy-mocking way, and moi and a young black male helped him to safety, with no help from cops (I learned they had been ordered not to "interfere".) I was, in the process, hit to ground and stomped, then recovered, and, by accident, swinging wildly, broke the jaw of a fascist.

Sorry, guy.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home