Sunday, October 14, 2012

A Poem for You

Today is Sunday, 14 October 2012.

On this date in 1894, e.e. cummings was born.
___________________________________

HH extends his deepest thanks to his dear Friend, the Contessa, who recently reminded him of one of his favourite poems by cummings.

"if there are any heavens my mother will"

if there are any heavens my mother will(all by herself)have
one.  It will not be a pansy heaven nor
a fragile lilies-of-the-valley heaven but
it will be a heaven of blackred roses

my father will be(deep like a rose
tall like a rose)

standing near my

(swaying over her
silent)
with eyes which are really petals and see

nothing with the face of a poet really which
is a flower and not a face with
hands which whisper
This is my beloved my

                               (suddenly in sunlight
he will bow,

& the whole garden will bow)
 


 




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home