Thursday, April 19, 2007

For My Friend C

Today is Thursday, 19 April 2007.

Today's column is LIVE. Writing raw and without revision.

Let's rewind to 1993.

HH is walking down 8th Street in NYC, glances in a coffee shop, sees on the TV a building half blown down, walks in, and it's in OKC.

To be self-centred, HH has many friends in OKC, or who might have had business in ... they first said it was the Courthouse, before correctly identified as Murrah Fed Building.

And I couldn't get in contact, in those pre-cell phones days, with any of them for hours.

Thankfully, none of them were there.

Well, save for one, hadn't seen in years, and she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

And, heavy vicious sarcasm, it's so fine that killing Tim McVeigh brought them all back to life.

So, and I don't know if this music will work for you out there, but, somehow, it resonates for me on this day, and yes, someone I knew, many years ago, and hadn't seen for years, and thought most highly of, died in that building that day ...

I think I'll just sit in my favourite chair for a while, listen to some tunes, and give thanks for my friend C.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6Vy4Tq-5a8&mode=related&search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home