Wednesday, September 24, 2008

You've Been Punctuated!

Today remains, as it were, “Wednesday”, 24 September 2008.

Today …
Is ___
National Punctuation Day!

Without punctuation,
Life is “short, brutish, and nasty”:
Alljumbledtogetherandthecurrentquoteonthedowwemustloveoneanotherordie

Damn!

It required ten minutes to write that “sentence”, because my hands kept writing punctuation. Those symbols and spaces.

Punctuation is a lifeblood of language.

Spaces can be spices?

Life persists [endures?] in the symbols and spaces. {?}



(Formerly: “e.g.”)

I love you.

I “love” you.

“I” love you.

I love “you”.

“I” love “you”.

“I” “love” “you”.

Welcome to my … … … nightmare [your choice of punctuation here].

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Cool."

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE (not "love") the examples.

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home