Friday, October 22, 2010

Another Bigot Heard From

Today is Thursday, 21 October 2010.

So Juan Williams is canned by NPR, and will Tom more on Fox as a token pseudo-liberal. And all because he said a few words, poor man.

“I mean, look, Bill, I'm not a bigot. But when I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous.”

(How often is a bigoted statement preceded by, “I’m not a bigot, some of my best friends are [ ], but…”)

How would Williams feel if a whitey journalist spewed: “I mean, look, Bill, I’m not a bigot. But when my wife and I are walking down the street, I got to tell you, if I see males in Black skin and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Black, I get worried. I get nervous. Everyone knows Black males want to rape white women.”

Especially Black males like Williams, who Tom in straight white male Republican garb, trying to pass and conceal their rapist intentions, yes?

Given the history of Blacks in the USA/USE, shouldn’t Williams be far more apprehensive, when he sees white people identifying themselves first and foremost as "Christians", since the slavers were devout "Christians"?

Last year, previously Tomming on The O’Heily Factor, Williams referred to Michelle Obama as "Stokely Carmichael in a dress". Unless Williams has entirely taken leave of his senses, to the point that he should be put under legal guardianship and hospitalized for his own protection, he knows full well that the politics of Michelle Obama have very little, if anything, in common with those of Stokely Carmichael.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Williams is calling Michelle Obama a bull-dyke lesbian, which, in his perverted ethos, is a bad thing. Williams obviously is a homophobe who has a problem with women who aren’t his doormat and sex object.

Fox continues to prove it has nothing to do with legitimate journalism: it's the mouthpiece of far-right bigotry.

7 Comments:

Anonymous sometimes reader said...

HH said "Williams obviously is a homophobe who has a problem with women who aren’t his doormat and sex object."

Williams was talking about Muslims and not homosexuals.

One questionable comment about one woman does not a misogynist make.

10:33 AM  
Anonymous this makes me crazy said...

What shocks me is all the self-righteous criticism of NPR's action in canning this creep, couching this as a breach of Juan's right to free speech and his own opinion, sneering at "political correctness."

Well, his opinions reveal a bigot. Fox loves a bigot, and he has himself a home. Legitimate journalists don't spout such nonsense; decent educated people don't harbour such thoughts.

Amazing that the majority of those speaking about this see nothing wrong in perpetuating this fear of (and thinly-veiled hatred for) Muslims. Many of them trumpet their superior "Christianity." True Christians would be ashamed of such talk.

Excuse me while my head explodes. (Unless I first die from hysterical laughter about another insane event of this week, Virginia Thomas asking for an apology from Anita Hill. I can't discuss Clarence right now because I might have a stroke.)

4:54 PM  
Blogger HH said...

Well put. Today's column, still in progress, is about the Thomas Twins. Should I delay? Don't want you to have a stroke.

5:14 PM  
Anonymous this makes me crazy said...

Go ahead with your Thomas column. I've decided to leave Clarence et ux a voicemail requesting an apology to Anita. Think that might make me feel better.

6:06 PM  
Anonymous earthboundmisfit said...

It was a given that Juan T would go to Faux - he'd probably been wanting to go over there for a while with his kindred spirits!

O Makes me crazy: Love it.

HH: "The Thomas Twins" - perfect. Looking forward to the read :)

10:47 PM  
Anonymous wondering said...

What does Clarence Thomas get paid for being on the Supreme Court? Substantial, I figure. And it's for life. We rarely hear him speak. Don't think we are getting our money's worth out of him being there. And, I'm sure he eats his share of donuts in the robing room.

8:57 AM  
Blogger HH said...

Associate justices are paid $213,900 as of this year. Yes, his per word rate during oral arguments must be quite substantial.

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home