Monday, October 11, 2010

Coming Out

Today is Monday, 11 October 2010.

Today is National Coming Out Day.

What decency demands, is a society in which one no more needs to “come out” as lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgendered, than one needs to “come out” as human.

Everyone must come out of irrationality, bigotry, and hate. Everyone must come out from murderous fantasies of gods who are murderous bigots.

Everyone must understand and reject: that when one fears and hates The Different, The Other, one has separated oneself from decency and humanity, and no one should harm themselves in that way. Parents and those who consider themselves “moral” authorities and leaders shouldn’t teach such filth to others, particularly children.

It’s one thing to hold such bigotry in the recesses of one’s heart, and disfigure one's self. It is morally reprehensible to teach such bigotry. Acting on such bigotry should be met with the full force of law.

Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered equality now!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No one you can save who can't be saved...

Nothing you can see that isn't shown...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dPcUXqZ3cA

6:59 PM  
Anonymous earthboundmisfit said...

When all is said and done, hate is the vilest, most obscene perversion of all.

8:45 PM  
Anonymous embrace our differences said...

Thanks, HH for your words, and Anonymous for the music--I'm listening to "All You Need Is Love" as I write this.

I don't understand the concept of hating people simply for being different than I am. Where is the sense in that? Why should I care if someone has red hair or chocolate skin or loves someone of the same gender? I don't believe that prevents me from having boring brown hair and having my heart broken by someone of the opposite sex.

The hypocrisy of people calling themselves Christians and fostering this hatred is unspeakable. When I was a child, I sometimes attended church with my grandmother. Painted on the front wall of the sanctuary was "God Is Love."

Enough said.

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home