Saturday, March 31, 2007

The Whirlwind Is In the Thorne Tree

Today remains Saturday, 31 March 2007.

Let's see if this works: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1sS1TmXF38&mode=related&search=.

Tomorrow, HH, Boomer, child of the Cold War, child of the Nuclear Age, turns 55.

What better run-up to my birthday, than the youTube above: a nuclear bomb test? Back in the day of my generation's childhood, we were led to expect same at any moment.

Yes, you must paste the address into your magic carpet (Mr. Zen will shortly teach me how to add CLICK HERE stuff.).

Now groove on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GQj-0bT2J0&mode=related&search=

Fascinating mashup of 1950s atomic cannon documentary and a Johnny Cash tune.

BREAK BREAK BREAK.

Damn. I thought that JC tune, "The Man Comes Around", was ancient, and, as GWB would say, "I did the Google", and it's 2002, one of the last he wrote.

Back in the day, after The Cuban Missile Crisis, I woke up every morning amazed I hadn't been incinerated overnight.

What's really changed?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just had me another one of those atom bomb nightmares a couple of weeks ago. First one since the fall of the wall.

Happier birthday to you than that, HH. Speaking of too precious ironies, just saw Judgment at Nurenburg last night on PBS. Timely (damn commies).

1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home